2005 - Highlights of the year
- Opening of the 4,000th hotel, the Novotel Madrid Sanchinarro in Spain.
- Lenôtre acquires 9 Fauchon boutiques in Paris and a new production facility.
- Colony Capital invests €1 billion in Accor and steps up the Group’s development.
- An innovative real estate sale and leaseback strategy is introduced with Foncière des Murs.
- Accor decides to step up its development in China with Sofitel, Novotel and ibis, surpassing the 10,000-room threshold in the country.
- Sofitel introduces the new MyBed concept, offering the ultimate in sleeping comfort.
- WorkLife Benefits, Accor Services’ US subsidiary since 1985, merges with Workplace Options, one of the country's largest employee service providers.
- Launch of the Ticket Alimentación® Electrónico food card in Mexico.
- In India, Accor Services introduces Ticket Restaurant® Plus, a multi-purpose smart card that functions as an electronic purse.