2006 - Highlights of the year
- Accor Services acquires Commuter Check Services Corporation in the United States.
- Novotel and Ticket Restaurant® become sponsors of the Olympique Lyonnais football club, with their names displayed on player jerseys for the 2006/2007 season.
- Accor divests most of its interest in Club Méditerranée, retaining a 6% stake in the company.
- Sofitel opens a new flagship hotel on the US West Coast: the Sofitel Los Angeles.
- Compagnie des Wagons-Lits wins a tender from French National Railways SNCF for onboard food services on the TGV Est Européen high-speed train line.
- Accor sells its stake in Carlson Wagonlit Travel.
- Accor Services pursues its expansion with the acquisition of Serial in Italy, RID in India and Calicado in Germany.
- Novotel launches an international advertising campaign to renew its brand image.
- Accor Services introduces the Ticket CESU® human services voucher in France and the Ticket Service® voucher in Turkey.
- A major hotel expansion program is rolled out in India, with the goal of opening more than 5,000 Sofitel, Novotel, Mercure, ibis and Formule1 rooms within 5 years.
- Accor strengthens its operations in Brazil by acquiring the 50% of shares it did not previously own in Ticket Serviços®.