2008 - Highlights of the year
- Accor Services acquires 62% of Motivano UK.
- The Sofitel Paris Bercy joins the Pullman network to become one of the brand's flagships in Europe.
- Total Sale of Brazilian Food Services Business.
- Accor commits to the "Plant for the Planet" program reaffirming its active support for sustainable development.
- Accor sells Sofitel The Grand (Amsterdam) under € 92 Million sale and management-Back Agreement.
- ibis hotels receive leading environmental certification in 4 new European countries.
- The Portuguese railway network renews its trust to the Portuguese subsidiary of CWL.
- Accor brand Mercure is refocusing and enlarging its offering, based on the "Pure Pleasures" concept, is undertaking communication actions and is launching an ambitious development of its network.
- MGallery: a new collection of upscale hotels with a marked personality.
- Accor confirms its commitment to Poland by raising its stake in the Orbis group to 50%.
- Accor launches A|Club worldwide hotel loyalty program.
- Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16 opens its doors in China, one of the most prestigious hotels on the peninsula.
- all seasons has received 2 awards for brand design.
- Accor signs the Seoul Declaration on Safety and Health at Work.
- The 800th ibis hotel opens in Shanghai in the People’s Republic of China.
- Accor reinforces its brands and developments in Saudi Arabia and Middle East.
- Double recognition for Pullman at Hospitality Awards.
- Accor gears up for World AIDS Day 2008 on December 1.
- Accor Services signed a new agreement with Iberia.