2009 - Highlights of the year
- The first ibis hotel in Algeria opens in Algiers.
- Accor and MasterCard create a strategic alliance which has led to the creation of PrePay Solutions, the European leader in prepaid programs for companies and public institutions. The joint venture makes Accor Services the majority shareholder at 67%.
- Suitehotel settles down in Marrakesh.
- Gilles Pélisson, Chief Executive Officer, Appointed Chairman of the Board.
- Jacques Stern is appointed Senior Executive Vice President of the Accor Group
- Accor increases at 49% its stake in Groupe Lucien Barrière.
- 1,000 Accor hotels to join the « Plant for the planet » program.
- Gilles Pélisson streamlines Executive Committee.
- Accor’s new corporate Governance.
- Kadéos and La Poste launch the first gift card to write.
- Suitehotel opens its first hotel in Middle-East.
- Accentiv ‘ publishes its first international rewards barometer.
- Accor sells stake in Club Méditerranée.
- Novotel celebrates its 10 years partnership with l’Open de France de Golf.
- As a part of Accor’s commitment to diversity and the fight against discrimination, Accor has implemented the anonymous...
- Sofitel launches its new “So SPA by Sofitel” concept.
- Franchises in France : Since the beginning of the year, Accor has opened 28 hotels under franchise in France.
- Asia Pacific: Mercure arrives in Vietnam with two hotels.
- Mercure in Asia: Accor announces 5 new hotels for Asia, confirms that 3 will open in September and has 18 more on the way.
- Lenôtre and Cacao Barry renew their partnership.
- Accor announces a major real estate transaction in the Budget segment in France, with the sale of 158 hotelF1 properties for €272 million.
- Opening of the ibis Moscow Paveletskaya, the first ibis in Moscow.
- A|Club, the worldwide loyalty program, celebrates its first anniversary with its 3 million members.
- Accor remains firmly committed to expansion in India: a network of 50 hotels and over 10,000 rooms trading by 2012.
- ibis steps up its development in Eastern Europe by the opening of several new ibis hotels in Russia and Romania.
- Accor Services gains leadership of the meal voucher market in the Czech. Republic with the acquisition of local operator Exit Group.
- The Accor hotels reservation site has changed, with a new look, new content and interactive services.
- Motel 6's new "Phoenix" takes flight.
- First all seasons hotel opening of in the UK.
- Largest ibis hotel in Asia Pacific to land in central Hong Kong.
- ibis inaugurates its 100,000th room with the opening of the ibis City West in Munich.
- Accor announces the opening of the first ibis in Pune and the second ibis for India.
- Accor reaffirms its goals at its annual franchising convention in Marseille and will open 200 franchised hotels in France by 2013.
- A new low-cost hotel concept in South Africa : Hotel Formula 1 is inspired by the principles of flexibility, ease of circulation and wellbeing.
- Accor makes its Taiwan debut with Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport
- Sofitel’s first address in Uruguay.
- Accorhotels.com available free of charge on iPhone.
- Etap Hotel, the leader in the budget segment, opens its 400th hotel in Europe.
- Meeting under the chairmanship of Gilles Pélisson, Accor’s Board of Directors approved unanimously the potential benefits of separating the Group’s two businesses.
- Jacques Stern appointed Deputy CEO of Accor in charge of Accor Services and Finance.
- Trenitalia: a new partnership for Compagnie des Wagons-Lits in Italy.