10th "Accor Professions Challenge"
Organized every year by the Accor Operations Human Resources department, the Accor Professions Challenge invites talented young people employed in a Group hotel or on a work-study contract with Accor to compete in one of two age categories – 19/22 years or 23/25 years. The finalists, selected in regional and national heats, are then assessed by a jury made up of general managers and Accor executives and go head to head in practical runoffs in their specialty: reception, restaurant, cuisine and bar.
"These young professionals are key to our success – they are the ones who give life to our hotels. For 10 years now, the "Accor Professions Challenge" has enabled us to showcase and reward their performance but also promote and recognize the know-how of the hotel and catering professions", explained Evelyne Chabrot, Operations Human Resources Director.
On the occasion of this 10th Challenge, 73 participants from 25 countries competed in the four key hotel professions.
The day after the grand finale held on January 15th at the Lycée des Métiers de l’Hôtellerie Santos Dumont in Saint-Cloud and the Mercure Paris Centre Tour Eiffel, Denis Hennequin, Chief Executive Officer, Antoine Recher, Executive Director Human Resources and Evelyne Chabrot, Operations Human Resources Director, awarded the prizes to the eight winners of this high-profile competition.
The winners of the 10th challenge
- 19/22 category: India - Biplab Kumar Patra - Novotel Mumbai BKC
- 23/25 category: South Korea - Ha Yeon Jung - Pullman Grand Ambassador Seoul
- 19/22 category: China - Lea Cheung - Novotel City Gate Hong Kong
- 23/25 category: UK - Roselyne Astier - Novotel London Excel
- 19/22 category: France - Suzanne Masserann - Sofitel Strasbourg Grande Ile
- 23/25 category: Poland - Magdalena Wiatrowska - Novotel Krakow Centrum
- 19/22 category: UK - Agustino Schiavo - Pullman London St Pancras
- 23/25 category: Poland - Lukasz Ksieski - Sofitel Warsaw Victoria
This 10th edition was marked by the presence of the Challenge on HR social networks: AccorJobs Facebook and Twitter @Accorjobs.
With the hashtag (keyword Twitter) #AccorChallenge, the whole world watched live competition. Managers of challengers who could not be present were able to follow and encouraged their candidates.
The AccorChallenge tab dedicated on Facebook AccorJobs allows seeing all the official news about the challenge, as the final winners, photos, as well as the testimonials of each country.
Photos credits : © Yves Forestier & Philippe Wang