Management Apprenticeship Programme
Getting paid while you learn might sound too good to be true, but with Management Apprenticeships Programme from AccorHotels you really do get the best of both worlds.
AccorHotels offers a Management Apprenticeship Programme (MAP) to 16- to 23-year-olds who are looking to start a career in hospitality, allowing them to take their first steps in the job market and giving them an opportunity to quickly progress to a supervisory level. Working in conjunction with Babcock, the UK’s largest provider of work-based training, you will gain invaluable experience and high quality training, while building up your knowledge and skills within the industry and gaining a nationally recognised qualification.
The Management Apprenticeship Programme is formed of two stages:
Foundation Apprenticeship (NVQ 2)
- 12 months’ duration.
- Learn the basics in your chosen area e.g. Reception, restaurant, housekeeping etc.
- Work within a team and gain an excellent understanding of customer service.
- Gain the knowledge and skills required for your specialist area and role.
Advanced Apprenticeship (NVQ 3) (NVQ 3)
- 12 to 18 months’ duration
- Develop working relationships with colleagues, giving them direction and support, and starting to lead the team
- Learn the supervisory role of your specialist area
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification: Diploma in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership in your chosen field
On completion, successful management apprentices will have been fast tracked up the ladder to a supervisory level and will be well on the way to a successful management career within the AccorHotels network. Successful completion of the programme will also pave the way for exciting opportunities to work across a range of hotel brands, both in the UK and internationally.
Management Apprenticeships are available in the following areas
- Food & Beverage
- Fitness & Leisure
Not all areas will be available in all hotels but given that we have 180 hotels all over the UK you should find an opportunity which suits you. So start your career now!
Essential criteria to apply for this programme
- Not in full-time or part-time education
- Must be a European citizen.
- Must not already be qualified to degree level.
- No formal qualification are required, however you will need to clearly demonstrate a passion for hospitality and the determination to take on a supervisory position on completion of your apprenticeship.
- The role will involve working a combination of early, late and weekend working.
- Develop new and existing skills
- Training delivered in the hotel
- Designated Learning Advisors offer frequent support and guidance
- Enhances future career prospects
- Gain a nationally recognised and valued qualification
- No tuition fees!
All our Management Apprentices are for a Full Time permanent positions paid at the Adult National Minimum Wage.
In addition, as a valued member of the team, you can take advantage of a comprehensive range of benefits - this is what we call AccorHotels Advantage.
- AccorHotels Bienvenue Card – employee discounts after six months’ service and special rates for your immediate family members
- AccorHotels Bonus Breaks – two one - or two-night breaks after six months’ service.
- Workplace Options – confidential support for life’s challenges.
- Employee bonus/incentive schemes.
- Staff meals and uniforms provided.
- You will benefit from excellent training and development opportunities at Accorhotels Académie.
- Plus you will also receive an Apprentice Extra card which provides discounts on a variety of essentials.
- More information on the AccorHotels Advantage benefits will be made available on your induction programme.