Work placements in UK hotels
Experience all aspects of how a hotel functions through hands-on paid work, e-learning and on-the-job training. Our network of hotels covers the UK so you could be training close to home, University or a location of your choice. You will also have the opportunity to meet other students on their AccorHotels placement as well as have access to the AccorHotels Advantage staff benefits including a stay in a hotel as a guest.
The placement programme will vary slightly from brand to brand and from hotel to hotel depending on the needs of the specific hotel. You will be employed as a team member in a Front Office or Food & Beverage role for 48 weeks or a mixture of both. F&B may include working in the restaurant, bar and conference and banqueting and Front of House may include reception and reservations. The placement may include an element of supervisory duties towards the end of each module, depending on your success. At the start of your placement, you will receive a work placement schedule and training plan. Each plan is flexible and tailored to the individual and can be changed to suit your needs and the needs of the business. You will also be assigned a buddy to help guide you through the placement year.
Upon completion of your work placement with AccorHotels, students will be given the opportunity to keep in touch with AccorHotels whilst they complete the last year of their degree. Upon graduating, AccorHotels can offer you:
- Inter-brand and international opportunities - Increased chances of finding a job after you graduate - The opportunity to be fast tracked to a managerial position.
Essential criteria to apply for this programme
- The successful candidate is:
- looking for a 48 week placement
- currently studying hospitality or leisure and tourism degree
- currently studying in the UK
- with a positive attitude
- self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team
- a strong communicator and has excellent interpersonal relationships skills
- able to use MS Office packages
All our work placements are paid placements.
In addition, as a valued member of the team, you can take advantage of a comprehensive range of benefits – this is what we call AccorHotels Advantage.
- the AccorHotels Bienvenue Card – employee discounts after six months’ service
- family member breaks – special rates for your immediate family members
- AccorHotels Bonus Breaks – two one- or two-night breaks after six months’ service
- Workplace Options – confidential support for life’s challenges
- Employee bonus scheme
- staff meals and uniforms provided
- As an employed member of the team, you are eligible for further optional training at Académie Accorhotels.