Accor professions guide: Head waiter (m/f)
What exactly does my mission involve?
- Contributes globally to guest satisfaction through the quality of his/her work and exemplary behaviour.
- Is responsible for one area of the restaurant, in charge of organisation, coordination and waiter service.
- Provides a high standard of hospitality and service for guests in the F&B point of sale.
- Helps increase the restaurant's revenue through his/her sales efforts.
This profession exists…
in restaurants of all Group hotels around the world.
Good interpersonal skills and self confident
Guest oriented and service minded, with attention to qualit
A thorough and organised approach
- Ensures guest satisfaction in the area under his/her responsibility
- Provides a friendly and personalised welcome for guests
- Offers an attentive service to guests, adapting to any constraints
- Heeds any remarks made by guests and ensures follow-up
Professional techniques / Production
- Organises and supervises the work of the commis chefs, apprentices and interns
- Carries out and supervises the following tasks:
- setting up the point of sale and preparation areas
- cleaning and tidying the restaurant and preparation areas before and after closing
- Before every workshift, finds out about dish composition and any shortages
- Organises work and adapts timing and relational behaviour to suit fluctuations in numbers and types of clientele
- Ensures the equipment used remains in good condition
- Helps train waiting staff, apprentices and interns
- Integrates newcomers to the restaurant teams
- Manages his/her teams on a daily basis and generates a good working atmosphere
Commercial / Sales
- Offers suggestions, advice to guests and sells the different services available
- Increases revenue for the point of sale through additional sales techniques
- Helps increase guest loyalty through quality of service
Management and administration
- Is actively involved in meeting the department's targets:
- by respecting the procedures and internal audits applicable in the hotel
- by increasing sales
- Respects the invoicing and cash operations procedures
- Helps manage crockery and appliances by avoiding breakages
- May be asked to help with inventories, check deliveries and store food items