Accor professions guide : Hotel revenue manager (m/f)
What exactly does my mission involve?
- Implement Revenue management processes in a dedicated hotel in order to maximize its revenue
- Collect the necessary information to establish a database of bookings and events on which the hotel strategy and forecast will be based
- Update the sales planning and quote the group requests on a daily basis
- Analyze the performance of the hotel and look after the market and competitors (past performance & forecast)
- Propose solutions for the adaptation of the strategy
- Lead recurrent RM & pricing meetings with the key actors in the hotel
This profession exists…
in upscale hotels in Accor worldwide, and in any hotel achieving a substantial revenue across the network.
Testimony of Facundo Diana, Revenue Manager, Sofitel La Reserva Cardales, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
"I started working in this position in August 2008, two months before the opening of the hotel. As I always wanted to be part of an opening I had no doubt to take this opportunity on that moment, and now I can happily say that I have learnt a lot since my first day in Sofitel.
Revenue Management is an exciting discipline, combination of systems, people and process that I found very interesting because keeps me trained to deal with this changing business environment, understanding customer behaviors, analyzing demand and exploring emerging markets and finding hidden niches of business."
Good Environment understanding
Communicate the processes to follow in terms of booking quality and correct data input into the PMS, toward the reservation
Regularly check the input and the quality of data (segmentation, denials tracking, etc…)
Analyse the hotel performance
Follow the trends of the market and the competitors in terms of pricing on different dates in order to improve the future pricing strategies
Analyze the contract performance (price, allotments, number of rooms sold, etc…)
Act as a support in the preparation of the annual revenue budget
Calculate the availability and minimum rate for the requests by using group quotation
Propose adaptations fot the long-term and short-term hotel strategy
Give dynamic forecasts in accordance with the strategy of the GM and budget
Degree in hotel management school, or general business school.
Good knowledge in analytical tools (Revenue Management System) and Distribution tools (Hotix, Tars…)
Communication skills : PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
Languages: fluent in the national language, and good level in english