Accor professions guide : Food and beverage manager (m/f)
The job in a few points…
- Ensure the high standard of services provided for guests and the attainment of the department's qualitative and quantitative targets
- Convey the hotel's image and atmosphere through his/her exemplary attitude, warm and friendly welcome, availability and frequent presence in the field
- Manage and motivate the teams in order to improve sales and the quality of F&B services
- Improve the department's results by increasing sales and the productivity of F&B points of sale
This job is doing…
In the most of middle and upscale hotel of the group in the word.
Testimony of Carlos Campineiro, director of the restoration, Sofitel Sao Paulo.
"I started my career in the restaurant 35 years ago. I joined Accor in 1998 as an Executive Master of hotel Sofitel Sao Paulo in Brazil. I am now director of the restoration of this property.
With my team and around the world, I will gladly share my passion for my profession and my knowledge of wines. You can reach me on the cross roads of Burgundy or Bordeaux or in a mission in Dubai as wine expert for new teams Sofitel.
Smiling and enthusiastic, I want to become a director of Accor hotels and to prepare myself, I integrate the new promotion of the International Hospitality Management Program."
- Team spirit
- Guest oriented, outgoing and service minded
- Decisive - Autonomous - Entrepreneurial
- Excellent presentation
- Physical resistance
- Well organised
Professional Techniques / Production
Organise and supervise the preparation of points of sale according to activity forecasts
In conjunction with the head chef, prepare the menus, organise purchases and manage stocks.
Enhance guest satisfaction and check that sales materials are well presented
Prepare or check the work schedules, ensuring that they are consistent with activity forecasts
Prepare the commercial action plan for the department and ensure implementation
Work in close collaboration with the sales department to ensure a high standard of service and satisfaction for meetings customers
Management / Sales
Draw up the department's annual budget in line with hotel strategy
Check inventories that have been carried out
Know the market and customer expectations
Develop team spirit and motivation by creating a good working atmosphere
Take part in or validate recruitments
Help employees improve their skills and provide support for career development
Hygiene / Personal Safety / Environment
Be responsible for keeping the equipment and furniture in good conditions
Ensure machinery works reliably and follows up any technical work
Ensure that all F&B areas are kept clean and that hygiene and food safety standards are respected
Respect and ensure respect of the hotel's commitments to the "Environment Charter" (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc)
Be responsible for the security of people and property in the area under his/her remit
- Diploma or degree in hospitality – food & beverage, professional hospitality degree or hospitality management school and/or anyone eager to work in the sector regardless of their educational background, pending validation of their skills
- At least 5 years' experience in the sector and impeccable knowledge of F&B professions
- Computer literate
- Fluent in the national language, business english (and a 3rd language would be a plus)