Accor professions guide: Valet and Chambermaid
What exactly does my mission involve?
- Clean and tidy the bedrooms, bathrooms and common areas
- Apply cleaning procedures and methods under the supervision of the Housekeeper
- Sort, replace and count used linen
- Through all of your tasks, contribute to the comfort of the customer’s stay at the hotel
- Ensure perfect cleanliness of the areas reserved for the customer
- Participate (in some hotels) in the preparation and serving of breakfasts in the dining room or in bedrooms
This profession exists…
in Group hotels all over the world.
Testimony of Angel Vallejo, Housekeeper Assistant, Novotel Madrid Sanchinarro
"After eight years as Valet in Novotel Madrid Campo de las Naciones, I was part of the Housekeeping department as Housekeeper Assistant during seven years. Now, I'm the Housekeeper Assitant of Novotel Madrid Sanchinarro and I'm glad because as soon as there is a post as Housekeeper Manager in Madrid I will be given the chance to occupy it. If you wish it and if you work for it Accor can offer you great opportunities."
Quick and efficient
Attentive to details and cleanliness
Dependable and methodical
People skills (friendly and polite)
Capacity to check your own work
Is polite and courteous to guests, whatever requests may be made
Respects guests' privacy while working (for example, by respecting the "Do not disturb" sign)
If asked, explains to guests how to use certain equipment.
Cleans and tidies rooms, bathrooms and common areas, applying the rules of hygiene and cleanliness and respecting both the procedures set up by the Floor Manager.
Sorts and counts dirty linen items before sending to laundry
Respects guidelines on the use of cleaning products
Is responsible for cleaning and restocking the trolley every day
Management and administration
Optimises use of cleaning products, welcome gifts and room linen
Hygiene/ Personal Safety/ Environment
Respects rules regarding hygiene, cleanliness and the safety of guest property
Vocational hospitality training
Direct access without qualifications (capacity to adapt to the diversity of customers, the variation in rhythm of activity)