History of AccorHotels' commitment
- October: launch of Gaïa, a new digital platform for maintenance standards of the Group and compliance.
- April: launch of the 2016-2020 Planet 21 sustainable development program
- January: AccorHotels publishes the first-ever global socio-economic footprint survey of a hotel Group.
- AccorHotels' Shareholders approve (nearly 97%) the extraordinary initiative dubbed the “Tree Resolution”. Thus, AccorHotels will commit to ramping up its “Plant for the Planet” reforestation program by planting 10 million trees by 2021.
- Creation of an Ethics and CSR Committee.
- AccorHotels increased the visibility of its commitment to child protection by calling its program WATCH for “We Act Together for Children”.
- April: AccorHotels launches PLANET 21, its new sustainable development strategy for 2015.
- In 2011, AccorHotels launches Earth Guest Research (now called PLANET 21 Research), a shared knowledge platform on sustainable development in the hospitality industry that is both free and open to all. Two studies are published : the first international tracking study on hotel guests expectations regarding sustainable development and the first multi-criteria life-cycle analysis for an international hospitality group
- Launch by the Novotel brand of an e-learning training unit focused on sustainable development for its employees.
- First edition of the Earth Guest day (PLANET 21 Day since 2012), AccorHotels employees' worldwide day in favour of sustainable development, on April 22, International Earth day.
- Launch of the Earth Guest program, which structures the actions performed in the area of social and environmental responsibility around 8 priorities.
- Creation of OPEN, an intranet tool that allows each hotel to upload its water and energy consumption, as well as the charter measures it implements.
- Creation of the Group’s Sustainable Development Department, which handles both environmental and social issues.
- Partnership with the leading internarional organization ECPAT, which fights child sexual exploitation around the world.
- Launch of the Accor Hotel Environment Charter to support hotels in deploying their sustainable development initiatives.
- Creation of the Group's Environment Department.